NOTICE. WE (MANTA TECHNOLIGIES INC.) ARE WILLING TO LICENSE THE MANTA COURSEWARE TO YOU FOR ONLINE ACCESS ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING TO THE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, WE ARE UNWILLING TO LICENSE THE COURSEWARE TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO THE LICENSE PURCHASER, WHETHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR AN ORGANIZATION, AND TO ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE PURCHASER.
- DEFINITIONS. By courseware, we mean machine-readable programs, the files they use, and related licensed materials, delivered online via the World Wide Web to your browser or delivered to you in hardcopy format. A course is the basic unit of instruction in the Manta IBM i Training Library. Each course has an order number and a course description in the Manta catalog. A Student Reference Guide, or SRG, is a summary of one or more courses that can be delivered in either PDF or hardcopy format. Each SRG is considered part of the Manta courseware and, except as noted explicitly, is subject to the same terms and conditions.
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. This is a license agreement and NOT an agreement for sale. We continue to own the copy of the courseware delivered to your browser for viewing, as well as any Student Reference Guides delivered to you. Your rights to use the courseware are specified in this Agreement, and we retain all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver of our rights under U.S. Copyright law or any other federal or state law.
- PERMITTED USES. You are granted the right to the view the Manta courses you license, available online via the World Wide Web, using Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Opera, or any other browser that we may, from time to time, add to our supported browser list. During your license term, you may purchase printed Student Reference Guides corresponding to the licensed courses or download PDF versions when available. The maximum number of users who may use the Manta courses concurrently is specified in your license purchase agreement. Each student may retain one, and only one, machine-readable copy of an SRG on a PC, tablet, smart phone, or other device and, optionally, print one copy on paper.
- PROHIBITED USES. You may not, without written permission from us:
- Use the courseware except as provided in this Agreement;
- Store the courseware or any portion thereof on your computer system or otherwise make a copy except as occurs automatically as part of your browser's caching;
- Modify, merge, or transfer copies of the courseware, other than to annotate Student Reference Guides;
- Disassemble, decompile, "unlock", reverse translate, or in any manner decode the courseware;
- Sublicense, lease, or rent the courseware;
- Allow anyone who is not the licensee or an employee of the licensee to take the courseware; or
- Allow others to take the courseware using your user identifier.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. For you to properly access a Manta course, you will be issued a user identifier and password. You agree to use the user identifier and password only for their intended purpose, as input to the Manta programs that provide access to the associated products. You also agree to keep the user identifier and password in a secure location and not to divulge them to a third party.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Manta assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by Manta and use of such information is at your own risk. YOU ACCEPT THE COURSE "AS-IS." WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS COURSEWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ITS OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. WE EXCLUDE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Our liability to you for any losses shall be limited to direct damages, and shall not exceed the amount you originally paid for the courseware. In no event will we be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including loss of profits) even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- TERMINATION. This license and your right to use this courseware automatically terminate at the end of the specified license duration or if you fail to comply with any provisions of this agreement. Nevertheless, you may continue to retain one copy of each eligible SRG as long as you continue to abide by the terms of this agreement.
- REFUNDS. Manta courses are non-refundable.
- MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS. This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of Colorado, U.S.A. and not by the 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the international Sale of Goods, as amended. This is the entire agreement between us, and supersedes any prior purchase order, communications, advertising, or representations concerning the courseware. No change or modification of this Agreement will be valid unless it is in writing, and is signed by us.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, write to us at: Manta Technologies Inc., 8234 Blue River Avenue, Littleton, CO 80125, USA, or call us at (800)40-MANTA.
Click here to download this document in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Last Updated: January, 2020.